New landlord – Letting agents?

Home Forums Landlord/Letting Agent/Tenant Relationships New landlord – Letting agents?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 1 year ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

My daughter is buying a property to rent out as an investment. She lives abroad so I will be involved in managing the house. Would you advise using a letting agent to find a tenant? If so, how do I find one locally that does not charge tenants fees for inventories, referencing etc? I know how difficult it is for tenants to find money for a deposit let alone several hundred pounds in addition for letting fees.

Anonymous

Piper Property are rather unusual in that we don’t charge tenants fees, and we’d be delighted to have a chat with you just send me an email peterstephenson@piperproperty.co.uk. We can probably tailor a service for finding a tenant to your needs irrespective of the location.

There are other agencies that don’t charge fees but they are few and far between I’m afraid. you could try a google search. Some local groups publish articles etc. to draw attention to the issue. Below is an example from a group based in Bristol (please excuse the language they use in their title, fitting as it might be);

Taking The Piss: Agency Fees

For the record, they have mistakenly referred to us as “Piper Properties” but they mean Piper Property.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.