mortgage lenders and longer term tenancies

Home Forums Other mortgage lenders and longer term tenancies

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  AlastairC 7 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

Roni Moran

Does anyone know of any mortgage lenders who allow long-term tenancies? My current tenants are happy on their periodic tenancy but future tenants might prefer a longer term tenancy so it would be good to be prepared as my fixed term loan is up in September …

jdc

Mortgage lenders who prohibit offering tenants tenancies of more than a year can be an obstacle for landlords who want to offer their tenants more security. It’s a similar problem to insurers whose policies won’t cover letting to tenants on benefits. Unless you read the terms and conditions carefully, you could find yourself prevented from being flexible and offering your tenant real choice.

Shelter published a list of mortgage leaders who allow landlords to offer longer tenancies – some for 24 months and other for longer. The list may not be up to date as it was originally posted in 2016 but it’s a good starting point:
    http://blog.shelter.org.uk/2016/06/mortgage-lenders-open-up-buy-to-let-to-longer-tenancies/

Be good to hear from anyone who has found a mortgage recently which allows longer tenancies

Roni Moran

I did look at this list a while back when you replied, but forgot to post a “thank you”. As you say, it’s a good starting point. I need to start doing my research now …

AlastairC

Hi, Roni, I hope you’ll keep us updated on how you get on.
    Alastair

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.