Model Tenancy agreement

Home Forums Legal Matters and Tenancy Agreements Model Tenancy agreement

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Sarah 1 year, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Does the association have a model tenancy agreement which I can use or can you direct me to copies of suitable tenancy agreements? I know that letting agents would normally provide one but I would like to compare this to a more ethically based agreement. Also we may decide to find a tenant through local contacts rather than an agent.

Sarah
    Keymaster

I have used the Government’s model agreement for an Assured Shorthold Tenancy, which is available free from here: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/model-agreement-for-a-shorthold-assured-tenancy
    It is said to have been developed to strike a fair balance between the interests of landlords and of tenants, and has the advantage of having a number of boxes with explanations of legal terms and the legal situation. It also includes useful checklists for landlords and for tenants.
    However, I found it quite awkward to use, as the areas where text can be added are very limited, and the explanations and alternatives mean there can be a lot of irrelevant text within your agreement.
    So, this offers a free and immediately available option, but it could be better. If anyone has a better one, please share it!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.