By joining the Ethical Landlords Association you are becoming a part of an organisation which:
- Challenges landlords and letting agents to develop practice which not only meets legal requirements, but goes beyond that in recognising
- that the property is the tenant’s home and
- the importance of the relationship between tenant and landlord/letting agent.
- Supports landlords to fulfil their commitment to the Charters.
- Provides a national voice to landlords and letting agents to counteract the negative press so often received by the private rental sector.
You will gain:
- Access to our Members Only Forum, to pose questions and enter into discussions with like-minded people.
- Access to a wealth of experience through our Committee Members, who will support you and signpost you to other sources of help.
- Access to our developing library of resources.
- The opportunity to influence the future direction of this organisation through your involvement.
- Access to FREE legal advice relating to your properties through our Legal Adviceline
You will commit to:
- Setting a charter level for your practice through our self-assessment process.
- Improving your level of practice under the Charters.
- Engaging in our Problem Solving Process without penalising a tenant for raising a problem under that process.